Notify
Tools

Les Bowman 1963 7mm Remington Magnum loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
Compliments of the season to you all.

Thought I would post this from my 1963 Gun Digest. These are Les Bowmans loads for his 7mm Remington Magnum.

I haven't checked to see how they compare to current 7mm Remington Magnum loads. However, I thought that this would be of some interest.

Page 1

Page 2

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that there has been a wide variety of chamber dimensions for the 7mm Mag. This means a large variation in load data. Bob Hagel wrote a piece in Handloader on this in the 1980s (I think) with chamber casts showing the large differences in throating. Comparing data from fifty years ago may be interesting but it has limited actual value today. That said, thanks for posting!

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. And fun.

But as Nim said there are so many changes in components and in powders, plus in 7mm Mag , it has to be one of the most differing of all, that we need to do as Les suggests and measure carefully and back off and /or work up.

Thanks for putting it up though.

Who was it that shot that match record in the paragraph above? I thought that the 6mm didn't come out until the Internet. lol

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote