New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Never Had This Happen Before
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just opened a bag of Win45Colt brass, and there was a 25acp case in there too, with no flash hole.

You know what this means, don't you?
One of the 45 cases was expecting.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used a hundred or so rounds of brass as an excuse for a new rifle before but never a single bullet. You must be way ahead of me on this - I'll have to keep working on it...... ........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You want trouble, listen to this....

I had a 7mm (.284) bullet get loaded in a 270 win case. The bolt closed a bit hard, but I thought it was just poorly sized or something.

When I fired it, all hell came loose, but thank goodness the gun did not.

I found all this out later, when I looked thru the box of bullts I was loading, and found another 284 dia bullet mixed in the 277's.

I sent it make to the supplier (Bluestar) and told them the story. Never even got a "sorry" or anything.

Not only was the odd bullet a 284 dia, but it was 165 gr rather than a 150 gr. They look just about they look almost the same, both RN Core Lokts.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we are going to have to mike and weigh all of our new factory bullets to be safe. It's a wonder it didn't take part of your face off. Some one once told me that the Manufactures never made any mistakes. I seen a 357mag Smith & Wesson marked 44mag once at a gun shop. I asked him if he was going to send it back to the factory he said no, he was going to keep it because it was more valuable miss marked. So much for factorys never screwing up.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote