New
Find
Notify
Tools

case trimmer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
decided i'd like to try something different than the RCBS manual trimmer i've used forever. since i have not tried any other manual types I would appreciate any and all input. Wilson? Forster?....

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only one I have is the Wilson, very accurate to use and chamber case holder gives consistant and square cut case mouths. Highly recommended!

Posts: 136 | Location: England | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HankinColorado
posted Hide Post
Wilson!

Posts: 225 | Location: Colorado Springs USA | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Forster and like it. A miniture lathe type. It gets a little tedious when there are much more than 50 cases to do so I got a power screw driver attachment.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used several over the years, and have settled on the Lee case trimmers. No setup time, easy to change over from one caliber to another, no way to make a mistake, can be chucked in a drill for speedy trimming, and have yet to wear one out. I just got tired of chaning over to trim a different caliber and the hassle of trying to get the case in the trimmer straight. The Wilson is a good trimmer, and if I didn't like the Lee that would be the one I use. But, to get one with the micrometer adjustment, so you don't have to spend time setting it up, costs about 20 times the Lee trimmer.

one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
Wilson.
Fast, simple, precise.
Case holders can get expensive if you load a large number of cartridges.
If you choose Wilson, be sure to get the clamping mount that Sinclair sells or something similiar and the power screwdriver adapter if you trim a lot of cases.
good luck

Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the input. now another question. why does midway list two holders for .308, on for fired one for full lenght sized while they don't for other calibers?

"L. E. Wilson Trimmer Case Holder 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08 Remington, 308 Winchester, 358 Winchester for Fired Cases
Product #: 924464"

"L. E. Wilson Trimmer Case Holder 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08 Remington, 308 Winchester, 358 Winchester for New or Full Length Sized Cases
Product #: 741141"

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote