New
Find
Notify
Tools

H-4350/.300 Win.mag. load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have used H-1000 with Lapua brass,Fed.215 GM primer,168 Barnes TSX.The velocity is at 3200 fps and accuracy runs from .4 to .7" with ES averaging around 10 fps and SD below 10 fps.My load is at 105% case capacity.I think that I would like to try H-4350 or Ramshot Hunter for I might be able to get the velocity without the compression.I want to stay with a temperature insensitive powder.Could anyone shed some thoughts on my reasoning?I have been told that H-4350 is very accurate in the .300 Win.My barrel is a 25" Hart with a minimum spec competition chamber.I can normally reach max book velocity with 1.5 to 2 grs. less powder than book max loads.
Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
What about H4831SC or Retumbo?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am with Doc on H4831SC.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I have 2 rifles in 300 win mag that shoot the 168 TSX very well with 75 gr IMR4831 (1 grain over book max so work up to it). Getting 3263 fps in one and 3282 in the other.

Tried IMR4350 and RL22 with that bullet but they did not do as well.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've tried H4350 in the 7 Mag and the 300 WSM without any real good results but have also had great results with the 4831SC.

The H4350 does give me outstanding results in my 6.5x284 though.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank:

Please explain your problems with it.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote