Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading Data für 8mm-06 AI
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for loading data for the 8mm-06 AI. Has anybody a link or proved datas?

Posts: 15 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Fritz. Try this link. stevespages.com

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fritz,
You can also start with loads for standard 30-06. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug, thanks for the link! Unfortounately shows the link only data for the 8mm-06 and not for the 8mm-06 AI. I'm defenitly searching for AI loading data. Tryed something and googled, but could not found anything. Perhaps you have another idea?

posted Hide Post
@ Kudude I need maximum loading data for the 8mm-06 AI, otherwise I could take the datas from the 8mm-06, but thanks for the hint!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Benchy, Du?

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fritz, do a search here under wildcats. There have been several loads posted by different users of this 'cat over the last couple of years. One I am using right now is 63g IMR 4831 behind the 195g Hornady or 200g Accubond and Partition. I use Winchester cases and large rifle primers.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fritz the Kraut:
@ Kudude I need maximum loading data for the 8mm-06 AI, otherwise I could take the datas from the 8mm-06, but thanks for the hint!

Ah yes, attracting the bees with vinegar (sarcasm) instead of honey.

This may seem obivous to you also Fritz, but I'll thow it out anyway since I've worked with a few Ackley Imps and other "super" improved cases for which load design is not that easy to come by. 8mm-06 load data is readily avaiable in a few of the older manuals - e.g Speer, Hornady, Nosler, etc. If you don't have the regular data, I can post some for you. I would advise a water capacity of a std .30-06 necked to 8mmm vs your fireformed 8mm-06 case. I usually do this to the bottom of the neck as the neck is always occupied by a bullet and cannot hold powder. The difference is what I would consider the theoretical difference between the std 8mm-06 and 8mm-06 imp loads. YMMV.

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fritz,
Because you are working with a wildcat of a wildcat, I'd suggest starting with load data for the 8mm-06 or even 30-06 and working up. Because much of the 8mm-06 data is over 30 years old, I expect you will not find a lot of info on it with new powders.

If I were working up loads for 8mm-06AI (and I have a 8mm-06) I'd start with 30-06 or 8mm-06 loads and work up. This would be safer than working from 9.3x62 data, although this andn 35 Whelen would be in the ball park.

If you look at the water capacity of your case versus that of a 30-06 case or a 9.3x62 case, you should get a feel for where your case stands. I both envy and rue the work ahead of you. Good shooting and be safe. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote