Find
Notify
Tools

Keeping records of load data
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
I have been looking for a load data record sheets. Does anybody have a link to a site that has these to print off? You know, like bullet type, powder, primer, seating depth, accuracy, velocity, etc

Thanks in advance [Smile]

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

I sent you one I have been working on. It's a .PDF file and totally virus free. I don't have a site that it can be downloaded from which is why I sent it direct. Let me know what you think.

Later,

Posts: 78 | Location: CA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I can fax you one if you like......

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
<shooter223>
posted
Hello Tod... Why not try one of the spreadsheet programs? I use Lotus 123 for reloading records, inventories of firearms, bullet moulds, 310 tools, etc. Works great, easy to update. FWIW. shooter...

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I've got one in MS Word that I'll send you. Email or PM if interested. It may take a day or two. You might want to check out a program called Point Blank. It's a load and firearms databse that you can update yourself. It's pretty nice, but not quite as handy as flipping through a notebook of load data in front of the tube...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the file Byron, looks real in-depth! [Eek!] Alot more info than what I even got!! [Big Grin]

Bob in TX, I would like that, but don't have a fax machine. [Embarrassed]

DesertRam, PM sent

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

I set it up to print front and back. It works O.K. on laserjet printer but slightly off on inkjet. I tried to come up with something that could record information about the whole process; load info, weapon info, range & conditions, as well as group results on a single sheet. I usually have a problem tracking down all the info if stored in seperate places. Now I simply create a 3 ring binder for each rifle and all the info is there. It also makes it easy to compare results between different rifles with the same load.

If anyone else is interested in my sheet just drop me an e-mail and I will send it to you.

Later,

[ 09-03-2003, 22:12: Message edited by: Byron ]

Posts: 78 | Location: CA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just emailed you what I use. It's in MS Word format. It's made to be printed on the 5x7 note cards, the ones that are lined on one side and blank on the other. Print on the blank side, and use the lined side for additional notes. Punch holes for use in one of the small three hole loose leaf notebooks...

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pedastal,

That sounds like a nice data sheet, being card size . Would you be so kind as to e-mail me a copy of it also?
I think my e-mail address is in my profile.

Thanks

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the way...

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple that Alliant has on their web site.

From http://www.alliantpowder.com/advanced/advanced_reloading.php :

Keeping a Log
One of the easiest and cost-effective ways to improve your reloaded ammo's performance is to keep a log � especially if you are using a multi-stage press to produce several rounds at a time.

Similarly, knowing the primers, propellant and case specs can prove beneficial when trying to maintain consistent rounds time and again.

Here are two sample logs you can use for record keeping:

* Shooting Log (PDF file, Acrobat Reader required)
* Centerfire log (PDF file, Acrobat Reader required)

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can also use word fairly easily ( or excel if you use it much ) to set up print forms for peel & stick Avery address labels. Create a generic label for filling out and sticking to loaded ammo boxes. Or; if you are an Access user you can set up a Data Base for all your load data that will automaticly print a label of your choosing directly from the data base.

Posts: 230 | Location: Alabama; USA | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you've got it covered but I think that Beartooth Bullets has some samples on their site www.beartoothbullets.com Yeah I just went and looked. Look under Printable Resources, then to Shooter's Tools. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
B Faucett;

thanks for sharing that reloadiing info site.
cheers

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Here is another site that has a printable data sheet as well as a bun.ch of targets.

http://www.mytargets.com/

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote