New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronograph
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone on here have the Shooters Chrony F1 model? Are you satisfied with it and how close to the muzzle does it have to be set to read accurately?

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have chrony bete model. it works fairly well. only misses a shot now and then.
I have a remote for mine so i can run it from the bench.
Ithink the new ones have the control at the bench.
I set mine up 10' from the muzzle for rifles. with pistols and others it can be set closer. you need to get it far enough away so the blast does not mess with it.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I see you are from Ohio. What part? I have been coming to Southeast Ohio to bowhunt the last 4 years. You guys are blessed with big bucks.

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I live in northeast portage co near parkman. between cleveland and youngstown.
I am about 10 miles from where they found the hole in the horn deer. last year a friend shot a typical 8 point that
measured 176 bc.
Wher do you come to hunt?

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have one, no complaints, isn't fancy, but does the job in my book.

Posts: 76 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 06 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got family in Port Clinton also. We come to Jackson to hunt and mainly hunt public land. Good stuff...better than we have on private here in TN.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Works great. Sunscreens are usually the culprit of my misreads, so I've taken to attaching a sheet to the screen posts, and no screens, so there's a swathe of fabric over the whole deal. Great bang for buck.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote