New
Find
Notify
Tools

270/140accubond/R22
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one load a 270 with 140 accubond and R22.

Think Ill load some new brass up with it.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask, I just tried that load out last Friday.

60 grains of R22 under the 140 ABs in win brass w/ wlr primers produced 3040fps from a factory 22" tube. That load was starting to show just alittle primer stress.

That particular rifle prefers H4831 as far as accuracy even though the R22 loads are about 200fps faster!

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
60 grains of R22 under the 140 ABs in win brass w/ wlr primers produced 3040fps from a factory 22" tube. That load was starting to show just alittle primer stress.

This is precisely the recipe & results I've gotten--did you pilfer my rifle, Reloader? lol

BTW, I've got a pushfeed M70 featherweight ("lightweight"). My accuracy, though, is <1/2" @ 100 yards if I let the barrel cool completely between shots. In fact, I can get the first two touching, but the the third, especially if the barrel is at all warm, flies about an inch.

Take care,

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
No Friar, You're having a little better luck than me. I'm using a cheap ole' M700. The accuracy wasn't as good as the H4831 in this particular gun although not bad. So far the NBTs have a slight accuracy edge over The ABs in this rifle but, w/ the ABs shooting 1.5" at 200 they are plenty good enough for my needs.

Have a Good one

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Berretta Mato shoots the same combo 3 shots into about 1.5". At 300yds..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I get 3175 ft/secs in a Ruger 1B 26" with that load. What a deer slayer it is... Oh My!

cheers

cheers

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Berretta Mato shoots the same combo 3 shots into about 1.5". At 300yds..............DJ

Eeker Eeker

Want to arrange a trade or something, DJ?

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote