New
Find
Notify
Tools

55gn 6PPC loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am haveing real trouble getting 55gn pills in 6mm, non of the online guys will send them, those who do international export won't send projectiles. They do not imoprt then into Italy because there is no call for them at all.

I in unlikely case that I can get someone to buy them and send to over to me, what would be a good load for 55grainers in a 6PPC?
My manual starts with 75grain slugs (BL-C(2) 27 - 29grians) can I assume, taking BL-C(2) as an example that 28 to 30 grains be min/max loads taking this particular powder as the example?

Does anyone have some accurate loads for the 6PPC with 55grian pills?

Thanks all...

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express: I have a lot of the bullets you need in my loading cabinet. Tell me how I can send them to you (for free) a box of 100. I am assuming you are in Italy and I do not know the laws of International Import/Export. If you could look into the legality of sending these bullets to you I would gladly treat you to a box! Now to the loads that work well. I am just this month bringing on line a Sako single shot bolt action Rifle in caliber 6mm PPC. It is a factory stock Rifle that I bought new unfired from an estate. It is not marked with a "MODEL NUMBER" anywhere so I can not tell you the Model #! It has a 23 3/4" barrel and I have fired just a few test loads through it! They were so acurate though that I am not going to do anymore testing for now - just load the brass I have with the easily found accurate load! I had real trouble gathering components, dies and shell holders here in remote SW Montana myself! As well as a tough time gathering load data! I did gather several load suggestions from Varminters and Bench Rest types. Including a couple regarding the Nosler 55 grain Ballistic Tips.
Steve from the United Kingdom suggetsed to me this very accurate load from his Rifle (unknown barrel length) 6mm PPC - 55 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, 28.7 grains of Vihtavourhi N133 with the Federal 205M primers (unknown brass). His note stated this load shoots in the .2's & .3's at 165 yards! With a velocity of 3,350 FPS! Use with caution as I can not verify this load.
I had another Cyber-space E-mailer suggest this load (nearly the same!) 6mm PPC (unknown barrel length and brass brand) 55 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, 28.0 grains of Vihtavourhi N133, Federal 205M primers for an unknown speed but very accurate in his Rifle.
Good luck with your 6mm PPC and let me know how and IF I can get these bullets from my cabinet here in the U.S.A. to you as "A GIFT" without getting Interpol on my Varmint Hunting tail!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
PS: I originally had planned on testing the 55 grain Noslers in my PPC but the 68 grain bullets (both Bergers and Eubers) were so accurate I am holding off for now!

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn! thats waful nice of you, I will do the phone calls on monday to find out if there are any problems just putting them into the mail, I should pay for postage at least because I need them a a great hurry I would like to FedEx, UPS, DHL or some other courier them over.

Thanx also for the loads, can't wait to try them!

I am planning a wolf/coyote/bobcat hunt and couldn't decide what loads to use, I wanted one load for the lot. The outfitter told me the wolves are in a totally different area so I can sight in for the 55's, shoot yotes, then move on, sight in the 70's and do wolf.

I'll send you an e-mail with my adress for the bullets, right after I find out if they can be shipped. I don't believe there should be any problems, as they ship to Norway(which is part of the EU therefore should have uniform laws)

Thanking you, heaps,
EXPRESS

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express: Happy to help out! I have a fishing buddy that lives in Germany and a couple of times he has needed a product not available there. He calls me and I get it and send it to him! He told me to be sure and tell the postman and mark the package as a "GIFT". I can not remember why! Anyway yes that is the other question I had was the legality of sending the inert projectiles (bullets) across the ocean to you! I have never seen a DHL Truck in Montana here but both UPS and FedEx drive by all the time. DHL does service the Seattle, Washington area where I used to live but again I have never seen them around here. I know they are big in Europe and the Scandinavian countries. I will check whos quickest to you.
Glad to help out!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
UPS would be the way to go then, DHL is the best for my place, as I live out in the cush and they know where I am, but UPS has been over a few few times before too.

Your'e right about marking the package with "gift" or "present" for the simple reason that there are no responsabilities for the recipient and if the sender is anon or not reachable there can be no problems.
My little brother baught a radar scanner to detect police radar guns, I think it was coming from the states. When customs called to ask us what it was my poor old dad said "I don't know(he really didn't) and they just sent them back to where they came from...

It's sunday today, so I still haven't asked around, but I will tomorrow, anyway like I said I can't see there being any problems with shipping little bits of lead and copper across the ocean.

I'l contact you Monday with details.

Thanx again VarmintGuy!!