THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Hodgdon - Hornady Superformance & LeverEvolution powders (data is out)

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon - Hornady Superformance & LeverEvolution powders (data is out)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
Will any of you be using this?

It seems the numbers either look very promising or very optimistic, depending on your viewpoint.

I will be giving the Superformance a shot (pun intended).

The data is also available here:
http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I tried the Superformance on my .280 Ackley and .264 Gibbs. The results were just a little slower than I get with Vhitavourie N 550, so I did not proceed with it. I had to do a lot of reserch to find starting loads since there was no data for these catritridges. It may work well for the specified cartridges and maybe later formulations will offer something for me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
3400 fps with a 150 gr bullet in the 300 WSM is pretty impressive. 3580 fps with the 80 gr TTSX in the 6mm Rem is pretty close to 240 Wby performance. It looks like Superformance powder deserves a little testing. The next trick will be to find some. Anyone else out there tried this powder in either of these calibers??

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I will wait for more load data.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Superformance = Kaboom. Chasing velocity will get many new reloaders in trouble. IMO flame

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Looking at how many charges are compressed loads one may not be able to put too much powder in the case to blow themselves up Razzer.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote