New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are these bullets OK for deer hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
OK, I bought 500 of these bullets a few years ago from Wideners and just "discovered" them in my stash.
Speer 100 grain soft point flat base with cannelure #SE75557
I can't find any info on this bullet. Anybody have any experience with these?

Posts: 173 | Location: Meadowview Virginia | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Can't see why not....cup and core 6mm bullet from what I can find

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
No, they are completely wrong for your purpose. In fact they contain evil lead substances within them. You may want to send them to me and I will see to it that they are properly disposed of, free of charge.. Big Grin

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haha...I knew someone would say that.

Posts: 173 | Location: Meadowview Virginia | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Those are exactly the bullet I would prefer if I were using a 243 for deer..

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Treat them like any other 6mm 100 grainer and start with a medium load, like starting out with any bullet. I never follow this advice, however, going to a near max load first. Works for me.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I had a buddy now departed whom used just that bullet in his 6mm Remington very satisfactorily on Mule deer.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad I got 500. dancing