New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converting a Dillon 450 Powder Thrower
 Login/Join

Picture of Zero
posted
A friend of mine gave me some reloading items in the group of stuff was an old Dillon 450 < !--color--> Powder Thrower / Charger, the with the Knob and no automatic linkage. Before you ask - No I did not get the 450 Press or any other Dillon Parts with it.

Well I got to looking at this thing, and thought that it might make a nice second Powder Thrower. Being as I already have a Dillon 650 < !--color--> I have plenty of extra Large and Small Powder Charge Bars < !--color-->. I installed a Mr Dial on it to take the place of the Powder Adjustment Nut .

SOooo... < !--color--> to get to my point I think that it might make a good Charger for doing small loads of ammo that are not done of the Progressive, but the problem I have yet to figure out is what to do for a Drop Tube type setup. Has anyone else done anything with one of these old powder chargers, I don't want to install the bell'ing / powder charger die insert for the specific caliber each time, as I leave those in their respected tool heads.

Zero

Posts: 26 | Location: Florida | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
MAKE OR HAVE MADE A UNIVERSAL FUNNEL FOR IT TO FIT INSIDE THE FUNNEL HOLDER. WELLS

Posts: 13 | Location: LANSING,MICHIGAN | Registered: 23 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He's right,
Call Dillon and just tell them what you want to do with it and they can tell you which powder funnel will get the job done...don't let them sell you them all! You might need two, one big for stick powders and one smaller for ball powders, but they only cost about $6 each.

regards,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote