Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 STW load
 Login/Join

posted
Why is it that any published load data for the 7STW does not show much more velocity than a 7Rem Mag, even though there is more case capacity with the 7STW ? I would like to load 168gr Bergers to about 3200+ fps with my 7STW. Does anyone here reload for this cartridge ?

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I have some loads from an older book that are much hotter than newer loads. It is before it was a regulated cartridge by SAAMI so it didn't have pressure restrictions.

I'll get them sometime when I have access to my desktop. (on a laptop now)

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tyler. Let me know if I need to send you a PM with a fax #. If you don't mind ,you could fax or e-mail me some info on 7STW loads.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been relaoding the 7 stw for over 10 years now and you can get up to 200 better FPS than the rem. The keys are to use a very slooow powder. I have tried most of the slow ones and H870 or AA8700 does a very good job. The second thing goes against what most people buy the STW for, that is heavier bullets. I have loaded everything from 120 grains to 175 grains. Most people shoot the 140 grain bullet. I have found that I get the most gain over the 7MM Remington by using 165-175 grain bullets with the very slow powders.

Posts: 591 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I load a 7mm Dakota & the case caps are very close. In my 26"bbl #1, I easily run 160grNPs a 3200 using IMR7828. I imagine RL25 would also work well. I have tried AA8700, but find it almost too slow for best vel.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I have some Retumbo and H1000 on hand. If anyone is using this, let me know what your start load is , and your max load.