New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Neck Turning Equipment?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First off, let me say that I'm simply amazed at the wealth of reloading knowledge available here all by just simply asking. Having said that, I feel like I'm the student, while you guys are the teachers. I guess that's the reason I mostly lurk and seldom do any posting.

I find myself getting deeper into the accuracy game and to that end, I have just recently bought my first benchrest rifle which is a pretty well used 6MM BR, built on a sleeved XP-100 action.

I also find myself in need of neck turning equipment. I've read many posts about the various brands and I've pretty well settled on K&M, but before I order one, I would like to ask about the Wilson Neck Turner. Are any of you using one? I've fell in love with my, recently purchased, Wilson Case Trimmer, and if their Neck Turner works as slick as the Trimmer, then that might be the way to go.

Thanks to all for your replies,

Rick

Posts: 178 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wilson doesn't make crap. One thing I found is they sell a outside neck turning cutter w/ a 40* angle for a better trim along the neck/shoulder junction. I had a Forester case trimmer and so I added the neck-turner attachment for 30$, but may end up getting the wilson later. They also market an adjustment fixture w/ a dial indicator to see how thin your necks are turned to. Neat idea

Posts: 94 | Location: Tri-Cities, WA | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend sticking with the K&M tool. Wilson makes good stuff. I use alot of their dies, and their trimmer is the best, but generaly speaking, when neck turning, better results are obtained with a hand held tool. I believe it is mostly because with the hand held tool your hand is able to move with the turning case allowing more uniform results. ...ol blue

[ 02-24-2003, 10:38: Message edited by: ol blue ]

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carverelli:
wilson doesn't make crap.

So who does make the Wilson stuff? Whoever it is, makes a darn nice trimmer, best this country boy has ever used! I use the trimmer with the Sinclair mount & clamp.

Guess I'll go ahead with the K&M but I sure would like to be able to check out the Wilson before I buy.

Rick

[ 02-24-2003, 20:24: Message edited by: Sanman ]

Posts: 178 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote