Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Vetterli M69/81
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
WinkI have a chance to buy a Swiss Vetterli M69/81 Rim Fire in excellant condition. The wood hasn't a scratch on it and is a tan colored tiger stipped butt stock and similar forearm. The blueing looks great with no rust visible. Mechanically it seems perfect.

The owner is a fishing and card playing buddy of mine so I really don't want to screw him. He knows nothing about fire arms. I want to pay him a fair price But I have no idea what it is worth. If it turns out that its value is more than I want to pay I'll pass it up. Meanwhile can any of you let me know what something like this is worth ? Thank you in anticipation of your help. On collecters forum also!fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the completed auctions on gun broker.
If it is so nice that it will bring a collectors premium then almost any thing will bring $400 to $500 even a worthless rimfire.

A local gun peddler I see at the local gun show has a Swiss bubba version that he converted to centerfire that he has been asking $150 for.
I have a big pile of .348 brass and....nope not me.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look here:

VETTERLI

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote