Find
Notify
Tools

dies and bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of thirtycal
posted
Anyone have experiece with the Lee Pacesetter dies, I assume they will go into my RCBS press, but we all know what happens when we assume.

Why are so few bullet manufacturers making bullets for the 8mm mauser or 8 x 57 (.323), and even fewer catalog companies offering these dies.

I just ordered some Rem 185g psp for $21.50/100. Sierra wanted over $30/100 from Cabelas. Anyone have any othe suggestions for the 8mm bullets?

Posts: 156 | Location: NY | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
http://www.grafs.com/metallic/932

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of thirtycal
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I looked on Cabelas, Midway, Midouth, Lock stock and Barrel and Natchez and not one of them had a selection like Graf, Thanks again.

Posts: 156 | Location: NY | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll need to make up a dummy round to ease setup of the dies. With the Lee lock rings, you can't retain your setup. Or, you can replace the Lee lock rings. Or, you can adapt the press for Hornady LnL bushings. If these approaches don't sound appealing, initially purchasing dies with a locking ring (and of better quality) is another option.

All (standard) threaded dies are 7/8" x 14tpi.

If you select Hornady dies, you'll get the best lock rings going plus 100 free (after shipping) bullets.