New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30 Rem. Brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I went on the Midway site today looking for .30 Remington cases, only to find a note stating that this item has been discontinued by the manufactuer.

Is that true? Has Remington completely stopped production of .30 Remington cases? (Or are they just in their "off-cycle" period and will make a run at some time in the future?)

I have a few hundred cases on hand, but I use them for both my .32 and .30 Remingtons, and was thinking of adding a 25 Remington to complete the collection; but if cases can't be had to form brass, I might want to rethink that plan.

Anybody know if the .30 Remington hiatus is permanent?

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I had been under the impression that the 30 Remington was obsolete and that no one has been making new cases for it for a number of years.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have a couple of hundred your lucky.

Posts: 19612 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a problem since the family ,25, 30, 32. 35 Rem are all based on the same case.Neck up or down as you need .

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Are you sure 35 Rem. is in the same family as the others? I don't think it is.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No. The .30, .32, and .25 are all based on the same case. The .35 is considerably bigger.

I have, and reload for them all, except the .25 Rem.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not knowing what i'm talking about - but - the new 6.8 round made for the ar - isn't that made off a 30 rem case? could you neck that up??

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
not knowing what i'm talking about - but - the new 6.8 round made for the ar - isn't that made off a 30 rem case? could you neck that up??

The base dia and is lenght is differant the shoulder dia is the same.

Posts: 19612 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Topic covered recently somewhere else recently on AR. It was suggested "Old Western Scrounger". Years ago I bought .225 Winchester from them and it went well.

Posts: 9485 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington has made the .30 Remington brass sporadically as "seasonally available". What this means is that when their machinery is pretty well caught up with everything else, then they will change out the dies and make a run of .30 Remington (or .25-20, or 6.5 Rem, or whatever else is a low volume seller). The difference between being "discontinued" and "seasonally available" is just a state of mind with the manufacturer. Assuming that their dies for a particular case are not completely worn out, they may decide to retool at any time the machinery is available and make a run, thus moving the "discontinued" category to "seasonal".

By the way, "seasons" may be four or five years apart, depending on how much brass they made the last time and how much demand they have from their outlets.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote