New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trimmer & Tumbler...which ones?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have two more pieces of equipment to purchase before I can start reloading my 30-06. I need a case trimmer and a tumbler. Can anyone recommend one over another? Hornady seems to be the popular brand in the stores in my area along with some RCBS stuff.

Posts: 119 | Location: Ohio - USA | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
jcsabolt-2,

For a case trimmer, I would highly recommend the Wilson case trimmer.

There is absolutely nothing even remotely close to it.

Tumblers seem to all work alike, it just depends on the size you are after.

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What Saeed said! [Smile] Sinclairs carrys the Wilson.They'r caliber specific,you'll need a case holder. They'v got some great tech help,that can tell you what you need.
Jeff

www.sinclairintl.com

[ 12-02-2002, 23:05: Message edited by: jsr ]

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I have been using a Forster trimmer and Lyman Turbo 2200 tumblers almost forever. I have no complaints about either.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I use a Forster trimmer, easy to set up & change calibers for. All vibrating tumblers are pretty much the same. Get the size that fits your needs.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Chuck66>
posted
Thumblers Vibrashine. Its made in the U.S.A. and its tough as nails. Have two of them.

Chuck T

<1badassmagnum>
posted
to me all the tumblers look like they are made by the same company and everyone slaps there name on them,lol.
mine was $40 from midway.
my pilots for my rcbs case trimmer havent arrived so I cant comment on the trimmer.
anyone have any comments on the rcbs case trimmer? [Roll Eyes]

<Abe Normal>
posted
The Giraud Case Trimmer may suite your needs if you will be needing to trim, chamfer and deburr sizeable numbers of cases quickly and accurately. Any that would like to have a copy (with pictures) of the "Description and Instructions" may email me at the address below.

abenormal@hotmail.com

Abe
------------------>>>
Doug Giraud's contact info and stuff...

Giraud Powered Case Trimmer

The Giraud Powered Case Trimmer is designed for the quality conscious shooter or reloader needing a dependable medium volume case trimmer for bottleneck rifle cartridge cases. This trimmer will provide the user with the best equipment available for uniform trimming and chamfering of rifle cartridges outside of a military type arsenal.

The trimmer comes complete and ready to use, set up in one caliber. Presently, the available calibers are .223 Remington and .308 Winchester. From these two choices, the user can trim and chamfer several other calibers, such as .222 Remington, .222 Remington Magnum, .243 Winchester, 6mm Remington, .257 Roberts, 7mm-08, .270 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield, and possibly many others with minor adjustments to the case holder and trimmer blade.

My email address is dhg2@aol.com, if you can't reach me there, call me at 281-980-0131 after 6pm CST.
Doug Giraud
1711 Carriage Way
Sugar Land, Texas 77478

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like my Redding. If it says Redding, it's good stuff.