New
Find
Notify
Tools

FC HE Headstamp
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've recently come upon some odd headstamps while doing inventory on my .300 WM brass. I know that FC is short for Federal Cartridge, but what does the FC HE headstamp mean? Also, I have a few cases stamped FC 93 and some stamped WCC 95, all in .300 Winny. I'm guessing that this brass is for military production, perhaps. Can anyone shed some light on this? All these cases appear perfectly serviceable for reloading. Thanks

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Federal load some High Energy Loads so maybe the HE is a marking for rounds sold from the factory so loaded??

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yoo are right, HE is for High energy.
'
They reload just fine.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote