Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

700 actions
 Login/Join

posted
You used to be able to buy barreled actions from Remington years ago.

What's the "EASIEST" and cheapest way to get ahold of a 700 action short of buying an ADL or cruising the gun shows.

Please help.

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bigsley,
Buy a used action. The quality of the rifles made 20 years ago is head and shoulders above the current models. Plus you don't have to put up with that retarded J lock on the bolt shroud. The quality of the machine work was far superior to now and the straightness/squareness of any action is usually a good indication of how well it will shoot.
Besides, used 700 BDL's are a dime a dozen and can be had for well under $400 any day of the week.

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a used BDL like new I mean the gun was never fired for $400, it had a Bushnell 3x9 scope I sold the barrel, scope base and rings, bottom metal and the stock for $250 so the brand new action cost me $150. I'm smiling as I write, this what a deal on a brand new jeweled long action. Try Gun Broker.com all kinds of 700's on there ADL as well as BDL's Good Luck.

Posts: 76 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is that sealdoggy or luckydoggy? Either way your a dog. I've been trying to pull that same maneuvre for what seems like an eternity. I still have the barrels and stocks off my old BDL's and have no idea what to do with them. I have no source for used bolt action rifles in my area. Do you have to go through the gun list? I'll check out the sites mentioned.

Thanks