Find
Notify
Tools

Chrony Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted
I am in the process of looking to purchase a chrony, probably an F1 master, and thought of a question that could be important. Where I shoot, is a 100yd strip between rows of trees which shaded the area of sunlight. How will this affect chronograph use?

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Tree limbs in a breeze waving over the screens can at times fool the chrono into believing it is seeing something. You need a consistant light source over the screens for best results.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Shade without the CLOSE waving limbs is great. Sun lite at the wrong angle is the big bug-a-boo. At times I have to put up a sun screen to get the shade. Also invest in three pieces(4 ft. each) of light chain and three 9 to 12" spikes. The wind is also your enemy and just weighting the legs ain't always going to get it. lolroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
EekerOh! you also need a stout hammer. fishingroger again

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Being and avid archer, will this model work for that application or do i need to spend more money for the "archery" model?

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote