New
Find
Notify
Tools

graf brass - quality?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
this brass is the answer to the prayers of reloaders looking for 9.3x62 brass. does anyone have any experience with this brass? i use mostly Lapua. Graf is a whole lot less expensive. any comments regarding quality?

thanks............

[ 11-30-2003, 05:05: Message edited by: bill smith ]

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Bob Graf does not make brass, he pays the up-front money required to get the big names in brass-making to produce special runs for him. His brass is equivalent in quality to any other Winchester, Remington, or Hornady brass.

In some cartridges, however, the Graf brass is a bit better because the dimensions are correct. For instance, factory Winchester 32-40 brass has actually been a bit too short to be the same length as the original. But, not the Winchester 32-40 brass Graf's sells. They had a special run of it made, to the complete, correct, original length.

I don't know if any other seller has done that since Bob Graf, but for a while at least, Graf's was the only domestic 32-40 brass available in the U.S. which was the correct, full, length.

I use Graf's brass in a number of cartridge configurations and so far it has been completely satisfactory..though it is not necessarily all to Lapua standards.

AC

[ 11-30-2003, 09:47: Message edited by: Alberta Canuck ]

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just loaded some for a new 9.3x62. I worked up to a load of 59 gr RL15 with a 286 Nosler. My first two groups were .800 and .875, I was told Hornady makes the brass for them, not 100% sure this is true. For the difference in price, I'll bet it'll be fine. I've known the people at Graf's for 25 years, don't think it will be anything but good.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote