Find
Notify
Tools

25 WSSM Reloading Data
 Login/Join

Picture of TEXASWATERFOWLSLAYER
posted
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Winchester Model 70 in 25 WSSM. I have been unable to find reloading data from Hodgdon, or IMR.

Does anyone know of any loads or even the release dates for the loads?

Thanx,
TWS

Posts: 10 | Location: Clear Lake, TX | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with a Hodgon rep two weeks ago and they were just about to get started and said it would be at least three weeks before they posted anything on their web site. I anticipate that maybe, HOPEFULLY, by the 16th of August they will have something posted. I am in the same boat, have everything ready to reload, but no data......Let me know if you find anything....

Bob

Posts: 199 | Location: D/FW Texas | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of TEXASWATERFOWLSLAYER
posted Hide Post
Thanx for the info.

I have not shot my 25 WSSM because I refuse to shoot any factory ammo through new gun barrels as long as I have the ability to reload for them. I prefer to reload because then I know what how accurate the loads are, and also when it comes to NON-TOXIC SHOT it is just too expensive to buy the factory loads and hunt everyday during duck season with Hevi-Shot and even STEEL SHOT at $15 a box.

Also, I have heard roomers saying that Winchester is now using a few different powders to get there burn rate correct for these New Generation Rounds. Do you know of any articles or web sites that go into more depth about the process that they are using to perfect the performance of these WSSM rounds?

Thanx Again,
TWS

Posts: 10 | Location: Clear Lake, TX | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
TWFS,

WTH are you writing about? Are you gonna hunt ducks with your 25 WSSM? Nontoxic shot? As a fellow Texan I must say your post makes no sense! Ok, ok, I know what you're saying..just a bit of Texas razzing. Welcome to the forums. Hope you find a good load for your 25 WSSM!

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote