New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is dacron?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was looking at the reloading page for the .505 Gibbs. I noticed they used dacron in the load data. What is it? Is it needed?

Thanks

Posts: 146 | Location: CA. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I consider it cheap pillow stuffing from Walmart. I have also been known to steal it out of those hi dollar designer pillows my wife has on the bed also.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Dacron
Related: Textile

(dÄ´krÅn, dăk´rÅn) , trademark for a polyester fiber. Dacron is a condensation polymer obtained from ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid. Its properties include high tensile strength, high resistance to stretching, both wet and dry, and good resistance to degradation by chemical bleaches and to abrasion. The continuous filament yarn is used in curtains, dress fabrics, high-pressure fire hoses, men's shirts, and thread. The staple fiber is ideal for mixing with wool in men's and women's suits, as well as in dress fabrics, knitted wear, and washable woven sportswear.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/D/Dacron.asp

It's used to take up space for light loads in large cases.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote