THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    How many of you use Neck Sizing Dies vs. Partial Resizing
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many of you use Neck Sizing Dies vs. Partial Resizing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Woods;Hornady makes a SBNS neck sizer(shoulder back neck sizer(.002")in some calibers,I dont know if they can make others dies.(match grade dies)...

Posts: 439 | Location: Quebec Canada | Registered: 27 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allen day:
I WILL NOT compromise optimum feeding for a few thousands of an inch group size, which hasn't been the case so far anyway as much as I can tell.

Quite honestly, I think neck-sizing fired cases is for the statisiticians and benchrest players. It's not optimal for hunting rifles....

AD

Well I'm too tired to read all this now but
re above quote, why can't a neck size be used
for hunting IF it's still a loose fit. Due to
lazyness I only FLS when necessary, and I've yet
to see a case I can't get one more neck size out
of after it's a bit firm to chamber.
As for accuracy, I've been loading for about
47 years and still can't say which is best.
But some recent (naturally loose) factory ammo
I've tried (and read about) could hardly be improved upon. The blighters probably don't even weigh the powder charge. :-)
JL

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Full lenght sizing dies, but only partial resizing.. Even for rifles that I use for small game, that must be accurate.. But I do consider the necksizers, just to try it out... I did post this one without reading all the other posts, but I certainly will.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote