New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Manufactrue Defect?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When I've experienced this problem it's generally because I have failed to set up the sizing die so it bumps the shoulder. Make sure the shell holder makes contact with the press ram. If this is your problem it will cure it. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
First off Thanks for all the replys.
I can close the bolt on factory ammo like nothing.
but even once fired factory ammo going back in is tough.
i have tried full lenght sizing with the shell holder right tight with the die in the press still tight.I will go to the range today if i get time and fire a factory round and try the marking pen trick to see if that is the problem.
If it is a misalignd chamber i hope winchester will replace it free of charge as this rifle is only a month old.
I will let you know what i find.
Thanks again.
CdnWalleye

Posts: 6 | Location: Alberta,Canada | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem with my 300WSM, I had to remove some material from the top of the shell holder in order to get the re-sizing die to bump the shoulder on the case enough to give easy chambering.

Posts: 120 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
IF a fired case is hard to get back into the chamber before it has been touched by a die, something is wrong! It should go back in very easily!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The WSM series is apparently loaded to somewhat higher pressures than most rounds, and this could be causing problems in your particular gun. However, if you are not experiencing difficult extraction it is unlikely that high pressure is the cause of your problem. As others have said, if a fired and unsized case will not re-enter the chamber readily, there's likely a problem with the chamber.

Posts: 13248 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote