THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to do! A beginning reloader's primer.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Every once in a while, I see discussions started by beginning reloaders seeking information and advice on how to get started in reloading...just like I did when starting out.
Any beginners wishing to begin reloading their ammo might be well advised to look up my discussions and give them a read. A great deal of information stands to be learned from those posts, even if it is primarily examples of what NOT to do. Sometimes, things you shouldn't do is as educational as is things on the DO list.
For example:
In asking about neck sizing, I learned that I was actually excessively resizing my brass. I had to trim my cases a great deal each cycle of firing and reloading. Following the advice of one of our knowledgable readers, I was able to eliminate the lengthining brass issue, meanwhile improving the quality and accuracy of said loads. Most importantly, I learned the proper way to resize brass!
I formally invite any and all beginners to search my username on the forums. Chances are good that I have asked several of the same questions that they are asking and the quality of info and advice has been without equal.
Lastly, many thanks to those who have taken the time to help me through out the beginning stages of loading. Due to the lack of someone local to talk with for assistance, I was forced to seek help elsewhere. The membership of the accurate reloading forums have been like older brothers to me. Quite like older brothers, in fact.
Should a novice come forward with a question, he can expect to have it answered promptly and accurately. But be warned, sometimes answers or advice comes paired with "noogies", "Indian rubs" and/or "titty-twisters"! Just like you older brother!
Much appreciation and many, many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to educate this annoying little brother. God bless.

Posts: 62 | Location: The mountains of east Kentucky | Registered: 21 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
most equipment comes with instructions.
i know die sets do.
there are different ways to set up different makers dies. [this goes for swaging dies too]
even casting bullets has different methods with different makers equipment.
reading a book with pictures is a very good way to gain knowledge.

Posts: 4989 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And spending time at the loading bench with someone with years of experience (and made all the mistakes!) is even better.

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote