New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 Lott supplies - where??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
where are 458 Lott reloading supplies sold?? i can't find brass anywhere. i found dies can be ordered from Huntington, but nowhere else. is brass available or do you have to buy 45 basic and trim the heck out of it? help, please.....

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Sooner>
posted
Hey Bill, I got my brass from Midway, they have it in stock and I got it in a few days. Huntingtons also has it but I think it was a bit more pricey. I just use my 458 WM dies backed out of the press a little, with no problems BTW, where about in OK are you from?

Sooner

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Just blow out 375 H&H and trim them

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Hunting handles everything you need, dies, bullets, Brass by Bell and they did have some old Barnes Brass (made by WW) and HDS brass....for the LOtt.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sooner: I'm from Claremore, just about 20 minutes up Route 66 from Tulsa.....a fair ways from Stratford. Good to hear from another OK boy....see ya around. What brand of Lott do you have? Mine is a Remington 700.

Thanks to all of you other guys for the help. I was looking in my Huntington catalog last night and for some reason could not find Lott brass. All I could find was Basic 45......guess my education level is showin again. I really need to learn to read.

<Sooner>
posted
Bill, I converted a cz 550 to 458 Lott, mine had a long magazing box, so I just rented a reamer and gauges and did it myself. As for brass go to this site and look at the third listing from the bottom. http://www.huntingtons.com/CasesHDS.html

I have been to Claremore a time or two. The reason I asked is I had a small (100 acre) Deer lease open up. It has not been hunted in a long time and I have seen alot of Deer on it. I am asking $250 to lease it during rifle season only. If you know of anyone fairly close that is interested, point them my way, as I'm sure you know season starts in a few days.

Sooner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sooner: Damn.....i would never even consider attempting such a task. You must have some degree of skill as a machinist.

I presently have a lease around Stigler. I am always looking for something closer, but i bow hunt a whole lot more than i rifle hunt. If you ever decide to lease your place out for the whole season, i'd sure be interested in lookin at it myself. I usually hunt with one friend and my 2 kids. Keep me in mind. If you're interested, let me know and i'll email you my phone number.

[This message has been edited by bill smith (edited 11-16-2001).]

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Bill, dies are also available from Redding on order.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Sooner>
posted
Bill, Oh no I don't have any skill as a machinist, i did it by hand. I just put the reamer in a T-handle with an extesion. I removed the bolt and using lots of oil I turned the reamer 1 full turn (let the reamer do the cutting), remove reamer and clean it with a tooth brush soaked in oil. Then do it again and check headspace (don't cut into the belt), keep reaming until your chamber is a Lott. My chamber reamed real, real nice, I am sure luck played a large roll in this. I did this because I was in a bind and needed the rifle the next week for a hunt and couldn't get a 'smith to do it in that time. I later had a 'smith examine it with a bore scope and it looked real nice with little or no tool marks.

I don't lease much land to bow hunters, they don't seem to have much luck. I generally plow all my ground and keep it in winter Wheat, or alfalfa, so they just can't get close enough to the game. THis particular spot I have for lease is 100 acres of nearly solid timber with a 30 acre wheat field in the center of it. About a mile off the road and with no hunting pressure it has become over run with deer. I usually like to lease to the same hunter through all seasons, but this particular guy doesn't bow hunt or muzzle load, but he leased for those seasons to keep other hunters out. I will be leasing again so I will keep you in mind.

Sooner