New
Find
Notify
Tools

chronograph
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I asked this in the benchrest forum, but no responce yet. Who out there has used the PVM-21 as sold by NECO. I am having trouble getting a velocity reading with my Pact using a .338 Lapua. I have even tried using a blast shield with no success. If you have used one, what is your opinion? Is it worth the money and does work with the bigger calibers?

LSHopper

Posts: 288 | Location: AL | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am having trouble getting a velocity reading with my Pact using a .338 Lapua. I have even tried using a blast shield with no success.

It would help if we knew what your Pact is failing to do and how you have it set up. If your set up is incorrect a new model chronograph isn't likely to hekp.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you're having blast trouble, put a piece of cardboard in front of the muzzle and shoot thru it. cheapest shield i know of & it works

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Is the center of your semsor bar 15 feet from the muzzle?
That is the standard distance.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
How far are the screens from the muzzle? I find for magnums, at least 20ft to avoid muzzle blasr issues. Thi sis w/ my Oehler but further is better when it comes to blast.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a guy who shoots magnums at a range I frequent and was having trouble with his PACT chrony too. He hit on the odd idea that if he called tech support at PACT, they might be able to help him. Crazy as it sounds, he has no more problems with his PACT unit. I just saw him last thursday and today and it was working fine.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was having the same problem with my 300 RUM. Called tech and was told to make sure the unit was well behind the muzzle and place a sand bag on the wires as they enter the unit. I did this and have had no problems since. Good luck

Posts: 304 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote