New
Find
Notify
Tools

small charge powder measure
 Login/Join

posted
Hi

I load 32sw wadcutter and i need an help to find a powder measure who give ultra low charge accurately. (around 1.5 grs)

Actually i use lee microdisk but i need something more accurate.

Thanks Giovanni

Posts: 22 | Location: Italy | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to look at a RCBS little dandy powder measure.

Posts: 59 | Location: Soledad, CA USA | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i use the lyman fixed rotor measure for weighing small charges, the rcbs fixed rotor dennis suggested is similar.
i bought a used, but in excellent condition, ohaus duo-measure on ebay, it has two charge holes in the cylinder one for pistol and one for rifle, i use it now most of the time as i use 2.0 gr of red dot with a 100 gr. swc in the 32 long. i enjoy shooting a model 31 s@w with a 2" barrel.

Posts: 107 | Location: alabama | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I once saw and artical in Handloader or an old NRA reloading book showing how to make miniature powder measures. Use plastic sheet. Maybe 1/4" or 3/8" thickness. I will just grab some dimensions aout of my head here..... Cut a piece 1" by 3" rectangular. Cut two strips 1/4 x 3". Cut a fourth piece 1/2" wide. And finally a Second large piece 1" x 3".

Place the fat one on the table. Put the two thin ones on top of it with the 1/2" one in between. Nottice how the 1/2" one will slide in between? Glue up your track with the top on. Now you have a box that the 1/2" piece will slide in. Drill a hole in the middle of the track and mark the slider piece a the same time. Drill a hole 1/2" or so down the track as a dump position. Get a small plastic bottle with a snap top or screw cap. Drill a hole in it and glue it over the hole in your box. Glue a tube on the bottom of the box to dispense the powder, maybe a 25-20 case with the head drilled out? Glue a plastic cube on the slider to make it stop where the hole line up. Arrange a rubberband or spring to return it to the dump position.

Short answer, make one out of metal or plastic. Quenetics used to sell a grown up version. make the size of the hole in the slider as needed to dump the right amount of powder. If you made it out of aluminum you could make the slider for a standard sized piece of stock and have as many as you need for small charges.

Or just get a Little Dandy from RCBS. : )

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote