THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Neck sizer ... is it really needed ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One of my rifles doesn't like the neck sizing. It's groups went from .30 average to 3 inches when I neck sized only, full lengthed them and back to .30 But that's only rifle I've ever seen that did that. the rest of mine like both. I usually neck size for 3 or 4 reloads then aneal the necks and full size them. I try to use newer brass for hunting. But then again most of the "extra" steps are just a reason to buy cool little tools that make the old lady roll her eyes and say "Now what does that do?"

Posts: 100 | Location: anchorage,alaska,USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
Well, if you have bolt actions, neck sizing can be nice. However, if you have more than one rifle in a given caliber, chances are you will want to keep the brass separated according to the gun it was fired in.

That being said, I've loaded plenty of accurate loaded using FL dies. Mostly I use a partial FL sizing process now and that works out pretty well for most of my stuff. Anyway, good luck...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since there is a sub-thread on partial full length resizing I'm going to jump in with a question: is anyone using the Redding competition shellholders? The concept seems spot-on to me... which isn't saying much.