New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes Dakota brass and....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes Dakota brass and how good is the stuff?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The Norma stuff is apparently excellent. The other stuff is passable. Lapua is supposed to start making Dakota brass in the next couple of years. If that happens, the Dakota brass will be among the best going.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You!! Now I can get a .423 Dakota made! Cool

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There may still be plenty of stock on shelves of brass made by MAST technology, all the .330 cases I have were so made.

Many are on there 5th re-load and to date I have lost only 4 out of 150 to split necks.

I was once told by Don Allen that A-Square (or whoever made brass for them) did some early runs of brass also

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
or it is made from 404 jeffry brass really easy at 1/2 the price

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
...Lapua is supposed to start making Dakota brass in the next couple of years.

Does this cover all Dakota brass, or is it just the Lapua brass Dakota/Nesika seem to have taken on proprietary rights for, and have contracted Lapua to deliver a bunch of brass (rumoured to arrive early in 2006)??? Examples include: PPC, Tactical 20, VarTarg etc.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
The .300 Dakota brass a friend of mine bought about five years ago was not very uniform. It had off-center flash holes, and neck thicknesses varied from one case to the next. And it cost almost as much as .416 Rigby brass....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote