New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graf Brass 7.62x54mm R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody out there used the Graf Brass cases for 7.62x54mm R? I was looking around and it appears to be the least expensive compared to Lapua or Norma. I've heard both sides of the story on Sellier & Bellot so that makes me want to stay away from it. I really do not want to spend what the Lapua and Norma cases are going for.
Thanks, Ross

Posts: 25 | Location: MN | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Don't know for sure, but my impression was that Hornady was making this brass for Grafs......

If so, should be OK!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some in .308. It's not made by hornady. It's some foreign make and it's realy heavy. (Has really thick sides and necks). Case capacity is less and they would not chamber right in my bar unless I did a full length resize. I had to reconfigure my loads down about a grain or two and didn't get real good runnout after sizing. Basically I'm not real crazy about them. For a mil surp they'd probably be fine...but for me the hassle wasn't worth the savings.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I'm shooting their 7.65x53 in a 1891 Mauser and it's been working fine for me. These are pretty mild loads though, 180's @ 2250 FPS.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote