Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Funnel Static
 Login/Join

Picture of JVD22250
posted
Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever had there powder funnel build up with static electricity? I have a Lee powder funnel and sometimes it gets so "static-y" that the powder just will not go down. Any sugestions?

Thanks,

John VanDusen
Ishpeming, MI
"YOOPERLAND U.S.A."

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Three options:

1)Wipe it down with a clothes dryer fabric softener thingy:

2)Wash it down with Dawn dish soap;

3)Buy a metal funnel.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give it a shot with Static Guard, will end the problem for quite a while....works great on car seats to eliminate that zap during cold dry weather!! You can find it with the laundry stuff at your favorite grocer.

http://www.mystaticguard.com/nav_wf.cfm

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of JVD22250
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I have some dawn under the sink. I'll give it a shot!

John VanDusen
Ishpeming, MI
"YOOPERLAND U.S.A."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Run a lot of powder through it and keep dumping it back in the top. Once some of that black stuff in the powder starts rubbing off on the plastic, the funnel should no longer be static prone.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Run a lot of powder through it and keep dumping it back in the top. Once some of that black stuff in the powder starts rubbing off on the plastic, the funnel should no longer be static prone.

That works for me too Henry.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyesdo not wipe off the Dawn Or Joy. let it completly air dry.When you wipe it dry the rag my introduce static. cheers Statakill works good also. roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use a CLEAN (unused) wool mop to rub in some powdered graphite to the inside of the thing, be it a funnel or powder measure.