New
Find
Notify
Tools

BENCHMARK DATA.......GOT ANY?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've used a little BENCHMARK in a few chamberings and it seems to be a decent little member of the powder family! HOWEVER, My Hodgdon book is before it's time and their website(powers that be) have chosen not to list any data for it!!!! I shot 23.3 grains of BENCHMARK in the 17 REM and the 20 grain Hornady VMax and although I didn't get a reading on the chrongraph...199/1000 ought to be a load to work with!! With the 6mmRem, using 40.7 grains BENCHMARK and a 70 grain Speer TNT at 3460fps, under .5 in., I'd like to see a complete listing of data for this powder! If you have any and can scan and send, I'd be in your debt! Thanks!!! GHD PS: email: charliemill@earthlink.net

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Another one of those "weird" powders.. I and my fiends, haven't used it in light stuff, but get EXCELLENT results in 376 steyr, 450 marlin, 450 alaskan, and 416 taylor

jeffe

Posts: 39562 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Just email Hodgdon, or pick up their annual load magazine. It has a lot of data the book and the website don't have.

I am in the process of working up a load for my new 358Win with it, and Hodgon responded to my request for data in 45 minutes. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Hey Dutch. What did they come up with? Always looking for new 358 load data

TIA,

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Benchmark is made by ADI in Australia. There are actually two versions of it, known in OZ, as BM1 and BM2. Your Benchmark is BM2.

Have a look at ADI's website. It has lots of load data.

www.adi-limited.com/2-02-120-020-000.html

Posts: 121 | Location: Southern Australia | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
R-west, email me and I''l forward the load data they sent me. Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dutch. I sent an e-mail this AM.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote