New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Tumbler for the money?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to replace my broken tumbler. Recommendations appreciated.

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I bought one of Midways units 15 years ago and it is still going strong.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't say for sure but I think they are all made by just a few manufactures. That said, pick one that fits your needs for volume of cases to be cleaned.
I have used Dillon, Midway, and Lyman vibratory case cleaners and the RCBS sidewinder tumbler. They all clean cases well. The only one I don't like is the sidewinder.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I needed a motor for my Midway tumbler they replaced the 15 yr old unit free!
While waiting on the replacement (less than a few days) I purchased a Lyman with the Turbo Flo.
The Lyman is a very nice tumbler and I would not hesitate to buy another

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys. I'll order a Midway

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=16&min=0&dyn=1&

I've had mine since the mid 80's and it's still going strong. I run it around 8 hours a load with ground corn cob. I like clean brass. The Dillon is the only way to go. It's worth every penny. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Midway that bit the dust, and the container leaks( cracked itself)...

I didn't want to be without one, while it was being shipped in for repair, and was thinking about getting a second one anyway..

So for something different, I ordered a Cabelas for like $45.00....

When I got it, the first thing you notice is that it had a lot bigger opening for the top... which I like.. then I loaded her up, and turned her on... Gone was all the noise of associated with the Midway!!! The midway makes about 100 times more noise than the Cabelas did!

Well two years later, the Midway is still sitting here, needing repaired.. the Cabelas is running strong, and still is just as quiet as ever.. I normally fill up my tumbler and turn it on over night.. and empty it in the morning...

As usual, I forget at times.. and when I walk in the garage, you never had problems hearing the Midway running.. even when outside of the garage you could easily hear it..

The Cabelas is so quiet, I have walked in the garage and forgot it was on... sometimes to the tune of 2 days!!! the thing hasn't hiccupped once.. and after two years, the container hasn't cracked like the Midway did...
The Cabelas also holds a lot more brass and media than the Midway did.. so I never needed to order a second tumbler, with the increase of workload the Cabelas takes.. and it is the same price as the Midway...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote