Find
Notify
Tools

Best and Worst Reloading Supply Websites
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
Without regard to prices, shipping charges etc, who has the best website layout of the various reloading cyber stores?

In my opinion Midway wins the gold medal. Fast, easy to use, great search functions, always up and running.

The worst layout has to be Natchez. I buy a lot of stuff from them because of price and selection, but navigating their site is a royal chore. They don't group items by usage, but by manufacturer and product line. You could spend two hours comparing price and availability of 30 caliber bullets (it takes two minutes on MidwayUSA).

I also buy a lot from Shooters Pro Shop in spite of them having the worst site on the web. Their old website was down as much as up. The site had all kinds of HTML errors and ordering was never easy. Their "new and improved" of over one month in the making is still a joke. They could find a more capable webmaster enrolled at virtually any high school in America.

Other opinions?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with you about the ease of use of the Midway site. No other site comes close. Graf's, Midsouth, etc. are all exellent to do business with, but navigating and using their information is not nearly as easy.

What is particularly nifty about Midway is that I can put items into the "Cart" that I definitely will order, and others in a "Wish List" that I will keep there as I comparison shop before moving to the cart. Keeps everything very organized as I "build" an order over a period of a few weeks.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I have been using Midsouth as of late. The prices are about 5% lower than Midway. I use Huntington's sometimes for hard to find Big bore stuff.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Gunstop Reloading Supply in Excelsior, MN.
John there is a total joy to deal with.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Forrest, do you have SPS new site address? I need some Nosler 2nds.
thanks

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had midsouth, natchez,midway send me catalogs. Its easyer than useing the computer to shop.
I get cabelas catalogs too. Im suprised cabelas recently has lower prices on bullets , brass etc than others ,Scopes are the same price or cheaper.
Cabelas catologs are great for comparing scopes they have the eye relief,weight,length etc etc,

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has better deals on bullets than most of the on-line stores.

I just bought to boxes of Accubonds for 14.99 each, I haven't seen them that low anywhere.

Their other bullets were less as well.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sinclair international is the best supplier of reloading equipment and they have the most knowledgeable staff. I do not buy from anyone else until it comes to bullets then I buy from cabelas for price reasons.

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" - Josey Wales

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
I have been using Midsouth as of late. The prices are about 5% lower than Midway. I use Huntington's sometimes for hard to find Big bore stuff.

BES, what are you buying from MS that is cheaper than MW? The thing that i have in my cart, MW beats MS every time. I keep seeing folks talk about MS's low prices, but I guess I am buying the wrong stuff, cuz MW has everything I have bought cheaper than MS, except maybe one or two items. And I try to buy 5-10 items at a time, to save on shipping.

Just curious,
F6

-----------------------------------------------------
\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \
-----------------------------------------------------

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I like working with:

Gunstop of Excelsior MN
Grafs
Lock Stock of Valentine NE
Natchezss

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
For good prices, but limited supply, try: www.wholesalehunter.com

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
F6 Hawk,
my last order was for Barnes .510 300 grain and 450 grain bullets, 470 Capstick Brass and Woodleigh .475 500 grainers. some of the items were in stock, some "special order" -- in this case Midsouth came back with the better prices. I generally run my order on both websites and buy from the less expensive one. Midsouth has been less expensive the last 4 times I have ordered.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote