THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Barnes Bullets somehow connected to ATK?
 Login/Join

posted
This isn't directly related to reloading, however this morning as I happened to read the bottom of a box of 165 grain .308 TSX's, I read in small print:
"Triple-Shock is a registered trademark of Alliant Techsystems"

I didn't think that Barnes was owned by a parent company. Anyone know the relationship? FYI the box is very recent, probably no more than a couple months old.

Jason

One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe it's a parent company incorporated by them to protect them with patents and trademarks or for selling the company down the road.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This might answer that question.
Good eyes bud!!.
http://www.bizjournals.com/twi...y38.html?t=printable

Thursday, April 2, 2009, 11:16am CDT
ATK wins extended contract for world's largest ammo plantMinneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal - by John Vomhof Jr. Staff writer
Alliant Techsystems Inc. has been awarded a four-year contract to continue operating its Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, the largest ammunition manufacturing plant in the world.

Eden Prairie-based Alliant — commonly referred to as ATK — said Thursday it already has received initial orders worth nearly $500 million under the contract.

ATK has been operating the government-owned facility in Independence, Mo., since April 2000. During that time, production has increased from 350 million rounds a year to more than 1.4 billion rounds a year.

The company makes 5.56-millimeter, 7.62-millimeter, .50-caliber and other small-caliber rounds at the plant.

ATK (NYSE: ATK) is an aerospace and defense contractor with annual revenue of more than $4.5 billion

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
ATK owns Federal. Barnes bullets are loaded by at least 9 companies including Federal according to Barnes web site. ATK's running of Lake City is a large contributor to lack of Federal Primers. Hoarders bought the rest.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I asked Barnes directly. They are not owned by ATK, but did assign the trademark rights for "Triple-Shock" to ATK. ATK is one of Barnes major OEM customers.