Find
Notify
Tools

Ultrasonic Cleaner - For Brass?
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
What's the consensus on the ultrasonic cleaner for brass?

Do they get primer pockets and the inside of the case "spotless?"

They are pretty expensive (compared to a primer pocket cleaning tool and the tumbler I already own) so I'd like to know if it's really worth $2-300?

Thanks.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
HI

BEEN USING ONE FOR YEARS. WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD. CLEANS GOBS OF CASES AT A TIME. I USE MINE WITH A MIXTURE OF BIRCHWOOD CASEY CARTRIDGE CASE CLEANER MIXED ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTIONS. THE CASES LOOK GREAT WHEN YOU RINSE THEM AND IT SHORTENS TUMBLING TIME.

ADDED BENEFIT, YOUR WIFE WILL LOVE YOU AND IT ALSO. RINSE IT OUT GOOD AND THEN ADD A MIXTURE OF 1/3 MR. CLEAN, 1/3 HOUSEHOLD AMMONIA, AND 1/3 WATER. WHY? MAKES A GREAT JEWELRY CLEANER AND DIAMONDS WILL SPARKLE. GETS ALL THE SKIN OIL OFF THE STONES. ALSO LEFTOVER HAMBURGER ETC. LOL. NOW HOW DO I KNOW? I USED TO BE A JEWELER.

NOW IF YA GOT A REAL WAY WITH WORDS YOU COULD PROBABLY GET HER TO SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON THE PRICE WITH YOU. Wink

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
NEW GUY

I ALMOST GOOFED. DO NOT AND I CANNOT OVERSTRESS THIS, DO NOT PUT OPALS IN THE ULTRA SONIC CLEANER UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING ON FILING FOR A DIVORCE. OPALS ARE SOFT AND WILL SHATTER. STRUNG PEARLS ARE NOT A GOOD IDEA EITHER.

THE CLEANER ALSO WORKS GREAT WITH OUT THE ULTRSOUND. JUST USE AN "OLD" TOOTH BRUSH AND RINSE IN WATER.

HAVE A GOOD ONE.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Stinger - I'm familiar with the soft stones and other jewels in the amonia.

Which make and model should i look at? I don't expect to have more than a box or two in it at a time (20-40 rilfe cases.)

PS - The caps key is located on the LH side of your keyboard - Conspicuously labeled "Caps Lock." Wink

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947