THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Reloading .44 Magnum for 16" Winchester 94 Trapper

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading .44 Magnum for 16" Winchester 94 Trapper
 Login/Join

<Doctor Juris>
posted
What kind of ballistic increase can I get reloading the .44 Magnum to perform optimally out of the 16" tube of a Winchester 94 Trapper Carbine?

How fast could I safely push a 300 grain slug? How strong is the action in this rifle?

Thanks for your responses.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Although not using 300 grain bullets (I use 240 grain) but using the same loadings I get 1692 fps out of a 7-1/2" barrel and 1919 fps out of an 18" barrel.

I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but it may be a guideline for you.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger 96/44 and I get 1565 fps from a 18.5" using 310gr. WFN/GC bullets over 20.5 gr. of H110.

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote