Find
Notify
Tools

reloading the 22-250 with Impala Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted
Has anybody experience in rolading the 22-250 with 35gr Impala Bullets ?

Posts: 79 | Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that has reloaded with hornady 35g sst in his 22-250. Very fast load...over 4200 fps and it made a mess of the rabitts we shot.

7mm Rem mag-162 A-Max
Boom ...splat

Posts: 39 | Location: Taupo New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted Hide Post
Have you got his loading data ? In the meanwhile I tetsted 37 gr of H4895 in federal cases and CCI large rifle primers and got 4100 fps but had no opportunity to hunt.

Posts: 79 | Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That ought to smooth out the rifleings in a hurry! shame Smiler

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted Hide Post
I know about the riflings, but the rifle was cheap and a new barrel can be fitted for about 300 $ and that is worth the fun of shooting a fast and accurate bullet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry brainshot...I have been away for a while...I will try to get data for you.
Mike.

7mm Rem mag-162 A-Max
Boom ...splat

Posts: 39 | Location: Taupo New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not use Impala-bullets!
Out of my 8x68S they even don not hit the paper straight!

The bullets are not stabilized out of my gun!

All other bullets i have used fly stabil out of my gun(H-Mantel, CDP, TOG, KS, Norma Alaska...)