New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEED A LITTLE 22-250 DATA??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any body reloading the heavies in 22-250. I am putting together a 1in8 twist 22-250 for the heavies. I am looking for some reloading data for the heavies. I am particularly interested in any data for the Hornady 75 grain A-Max?? Any one have any experience with H-414?? I would like to achieve 3300 fps with the 75 grain pill. I will probably need a long tube-any suggestions?? Thanks, Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too heavy for my experience, but, just thought I'd say "hi" from up-river wave

Posts: 139 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in my 22/250 AI i'm using IMR 4831 with the 80 gr sierras. I would tend to believe that 414 would be a good choice

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of IRISH
posted Hide Post
Tom, I'm doing the same thing. An 8 twist Pac-Nor barrel on a Savage target action. I'm just starting load development and came across an article in the Nov. issue of Shooting Time. A 75 gr Swift Scirocco with 36.5 grains of IMR-4007SSC. Haven't been able to get ahold of that powder yet, but will keep you informed. Anything you come up with please post. IRISH

Posts: 13 | Location: Spencer, WI | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote