Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler LR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted
Anyone have a suggestion on where I can find some 6.5mm Accubond LR bullets? Ive looked at my usual places, Mideay, Nachez, Grafs. Everyone is out of stock. Just built a 6.5-06 and want to do some long range shooting. Ive already worked up loads for BT's and some Sierra GK's. It shoots awesome groups btw. Under 1/2 inch.

Posts: 765 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have you tried shooter's pro shop?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Yes, that was my first stop. But thanks.

Posts: 765 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I've tried the Barnes LRX bullets to be extremely accurate in a couple of rifles if you can't find the Noslers.

I'm working on a 127 gr LRX load for my 6.5x68mm to use this fall on antelope and whitetails. Should work perfectly.

Good luck!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
No experience with the LRX but I am not a Barnes fan. I know plenty of people swear by them and have all the confidence in them. I have seen them pencil through on lighter game like small Couse and Antelope. I have always shot Nosler bullets and have full confidence in them. Thanks for the information though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 550 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments, I've killed Somewhere from 75-100 animals with Barnes bullets in the last 8 years since I started using them both here in the US and Africa. Every animal I've hit with a Barnes has died without a single lost animal. Never seen a "pencil" through either.

I killed a Rocky Mountain Bighorn ram with a 175 gr LRX last week at 214 yards and he was on the ground within 5-6 seconds shot right thru the heart.

I've always found Barnes bullets to be more accurate then Nosler bullets, in general.

Good luck finding the correct bullet for your rifle and needs!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote