New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 gr TSX w RL15 in .375 H&H?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have data for the 300 gr Barnes TSX w RL15 in .375 H&H?

I have an old Barnes manual, but it doesn't list the TSX's.

Thanks!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I would use load data for another 300 grain bullet and use my usual practice of cautious workup of powder weight watching for pressure signs.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of citori
posted Hide Post
See my earlier thread. Barnes says you should use the data for the X bullets. Despite their guidance, I found that using 72grs. of RL-15 (Their max. load) was too hot. Despite what the Barnes manual says for X bullets, I wouldn't go above 68-70 grs. with RL-15. I was getting good accuracy with the hot loads though.

I'd be interested to know what COAL you're seating your bullets to.

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just tryed this in my 375 h&h.
I stared @ 70 gr and went up to 74 gr with velocitys from 2580 to 2670fps and very good accuracy. All the case heads miked the same but I would not push this any more. this is in a factoy model 70 ss.

Rl 15 rocks in the 375 h&h.

You can't kill them setting on the couch.

Posts: 413 | Location: Roamin' the U.S. for Uncle Sam. | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found that Reloader 15 to be THE powder with the lighter bullets for the .375HH. When I start using 300gr bullets I like powders such as W760, H414, H4350. Many powders will work, and I'm not saying you can't use R-15 with 300gr bullets because you can, I've just found other powders work better with less pressure and better velocity in my rifle.