New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loaddata.com
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to hear from someone who is a member of this site who paid the $24.95 for a year. This site implies that they are part of Wolf Publishing and the "Handloader" "Rifle" magazine group. Is there anything new in this data or is it just a regurgitation of all the loading manuals and website powder company load information. Regards

Jerry

G. D. Stockinger
N.R.A. Life Member

www.cliogunshop.com

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I joined when they first started the site. It is part of Wolfe publishing. I was not impressed. Some of the loads seemed to come out of old articles in the magazines. I don't know if it has gotten better since then.
lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
HEY LAWNDART AND CLIO GUN SHOP

NO IT HASN'T GOTTEN ANY BETTER AT LOADDATA .COM. FACT IS IT IS WORSE. THEY USED TO HAVE A REMARKS COLUMN AND ACCURACY RESULTS. NO MORE.

THEY DID USE OLD MAG ARTICLES FROM HANDLOADER AND RIFLE MAGS. AND THEIR ACKLEY IMPROVED DATA IS VERBATIM FROM P.O.'S BOOKS.

SAVE YOUR MONEY.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys. Your replies confirm what I suspected. I have a complete set of "Handloader" and "Rifle" magazine and also the indexes they come out with every couple of years. It may take a little time to find a particular article of interest but I don't think what they are offering will help. Regards Jerry

G. D. Stockinger
N.R.A. Life Member

www.cliogunshop.com

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I joined.Most everything I see is repeat.
They do ask for new data from members.
I was expecting more stories and articles.I would even like some from very old issues.Same ones showing since I joined.
I was promised a binder,no show.Oh well, I have plenty of those.
I don't think I will renew 'script.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen, just a rehash of data available free on the reloading sites, such as Hodgdon, Alliant, etc.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in my second year of subscription with LoadData.com and find it useful for my purposes. Been handloading for only four years or so and don't have a big collection of manuals.

So, yes, it likely is just a compilation of what is already in manuals,etc., but is it necessary to re-invent the wheel? To carry train of thought of criticisms further, is a certain manual ( Hogden, Hornady,etc. ) worthless after a couple years if a newer version is out?

I'm loading for seven cartridges now and am likely convinced that these cover my needs. Pretty much well down the road of settling in on my pet loads, so likely won't renew next time around. I recently got Quick Load so believe I am set. But LoadData did serve me well for a bit.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took out a subscription to Wolf Publishing's "Rifle Magazine". It seems they had articles on every/off the wall caliber on the world. I canceled the subscription.

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee, but we are a tough audience Smiler

Either folks are tired of the same-old-thing or an item is not the same-old-thing and is too different.

Firearm media publishers and editors must be on a steady diet of Valium in their efforts to keep us all happy Wink

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firearm media publishers and editors must be on a steady diet of Valium in their efforts to keep us all happy

I buy Rifle/Reloader magazines at the supermarket. They are the only ones that keep my interest.

Shotgun News maybe 2-3 times a year. Great 'Throne' reads. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Borealis Bob:

Firearm media publishers and editors must be on a steady diet of Valium in their efforts to keep us all happy Wink

Where do I subscribe for the Valium roflmao

Like another here, I did find it useful as I was rebuilding my collection of manuals. But 24 bucks a year??? You gotta be kidding me. I thought 14 bucks was steep for the data two years ago, but I was looking for 357 Maximum data. It's useful for some off the wall chamberings, and I'd like to see the 375 Winchester/38-55 data but at a cost of $24.00??? I'll look elsewhere.

Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well poletax I didn't get my binder either ...thax's for reminding me...just to be surly I'm going to give them a call Monday...I have to say Borealis Bob I expected alot more from a pay site...not sure what but more than what is there now!!!..I DO like their Magazine's however...cheers mic Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto. Paid, no binder.

Doug