New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resizeing brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any need to resize new brass. If so please explaine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some will say yes....some will say no. I just run it over the expander on my die to even up the case mouth and then to an inside chamfer and I'm good to go. I think the brass we get is pretty much what the factory uses although our case mouths are beat up.....I don't think they take the extra step of Full resizing before they load and some factory ammo shoots darn good.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kraky said.

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I run new brass all the way though full length resizing dies.

Does the body of the case need resizing? No, and in most cases you don’t even need to lube them.

The neck needs to be trued up. I hear about people that only run new brass in the dies far enough to open the mouth of a dented case over the expansion ball. A lot of people spend more time stopping the upward motion of the ram than just driving that darn thing through a full cycle.

I couldn’t care less about how other people prep their brass, what they do or don’t do, I only know what I do and it goes much farther than the question you asked.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I Partial Full Length Reasize all my new brass, just like I do all my fired brass. I've seen too many dinged case mouths / necks from the factories to trust them.

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote