Find
Notify
Tools

Source needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted
Does anyone know where I can find some .308 Bench Rest brass?

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Joe, I`m not sure I understand what you mean by benchrest brass but if you`re looking for the best brass to sort and rework for benchrest ammo I`d buy Lapua.
The BR shooters don`t purchase their brass ready to load, they buy the most uniform they can find and go over it with a fine tooth comb rejecting everything but the most uniform of the lot.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ol` Joe:
Joe, I`m not sure I understand what you mean by benchrest brass but if you`re looking for the best brass to sort and rework for benchrest ammo I`d buy Lapua.
The BR shooters don`t purchase their brass ready to load, they buy the most uniform they can find and go over it with a fine tooth comb rejecting everything but the most uniform of the lot.

Ol' Joe,
A few years back you could get brass that was designated .308BR. It was made for a small primer instead of the large primer. I wanted to get some to do some experimenting with my .243.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WyoJoe
308BR was made by Remington. You might try Sinclair. If they do not have any they might know who does.
There is a company, I think they are in Arkansas, that sells brass and bullets in bulk. They had a bunch of 308BR at one time.
I am assuming this is for a competion rifle of some type? If you cannot find any BR brass, you might try RWS primers in regular brass, it gives similar results as it is a very mild primer. Palma shooters were using them.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
WyoJoe
308BR was made by Remington. You might try Sinclair. If they do not have any they might know who does.
There is a company, I think they are in Arkansas, that sells brass and bullets in bulk. They had a bunch of 308BR at one time.
I am assuming this is for a competion rifle of some type? If you cannot find any BR brass, you might try RWS primers in regular brass, it gives similar results as it is a very mild primer. Palma shooters were using them.

N E 450 No2,
Would you have a contact phone # or web site for Sinclair? I have heard the small primer helps accuarcy and I wanted to try it in my .243 to see what it does. I wonder how the RWS primers would work for my .243?

[ 07-03-2003, 22:53: Message edited by: WyoJoe ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sinclair's phone number, (260) 493-1858, "WWW.sinclairintl.com" , Hope that helps, Twyman

Posts: 48 | Location: Edmond OKlahoma | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twyman:
Sinclair's phone number, (260) 493-1858, "WWW.sinclairintl.com" , Hope that helps, Twyman

Twyman,
It does. Talked to Jim Ramsey. He didn't have the brass. But I got A lot of good information from him. Thank you.