Find
Notify
Tools

.460 Rowland Load Data to share
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
Here is a link to google doc with load progress I did for .460 Rowland.

Lovex D037.1 is like Accurate #7, but a little bit faster. I have preordered few different powders like HiSkor 800-X more than 10 months ago and still not available in my country. So I use what is available here.

VVN 105 provides best uniformity and exceptional accuracy, Vectan SP2 is powder for top energy loads, but consistency (SD) is not best. SP2 is the most dense pistol powder I have seen.

Jiri

https://docs.google.com/spread...gjM/edit?usp=sharing

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Jiri

Thanks.
I over loaded a few rounds with Power Pistol for a Mechtech rifle in 460.

Rich

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Rich:

What exactly do you mean by "over loaded"?

Flattened primers, holes in primers? Case crack/failure?

Jiri

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Jiri

The case split all around right at the seating depth of the bullet.

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Hope you and your gun are fine after that incident.

If you have an opportunity to buy Vihtavuiori N105, give it a try. I like it because of its exceptional consistency and also it is "foolproof". Density of this powder simply doesn't allow you to overcharge it. Most accurate and consistent loads with this powder are compressed, between 125-130% and it is near maximum you can put into the case and not to have bullet pushed out by too much powder.

I think best bullets so far are Ares. These are common type hard cast bullets primary made for .45 Long Colt but sized by order to .451". They are also "plastic coated" for no lead exposure to rifling, lower friction etc. Standard (non coated version) is available too.

Non coated versions I don't use

Left to right: Ares 200gr, Ares 250gr and the rest.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Load data with 800-X updated (for 230gr XTP and 250gr Ares - coated cast bullet): https://docs.google.com/spread...6mwYdygjM/edit#gid=0

No pressure signs, cases and primers very nice. Some recoil is there ;-)

800-X is very promising for heavier bullets, Vectan SP-2 for lighter and/or where is not much space left in case.

There is no reason to go higher with XTP (12gr for 935 ft-lb is enough).

Jiri

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post