Find
Notify
Tools

Incoming News On GS Custom Projectiles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
I received this the other day from Gerard regarding the paperwork hoops both he and his Stateside supplier are having to jump through:

"The license for HV Concepts is approved and they require an export number
from us to complete the final paperwork to be in business. At our end, we are
not required by any regulation to be registered as an exporter as we are not
exporting anything that is controlled by the SA government so we have not done
so. Controlled goods would be uncut diamonds, unworked gold, hazardous waste
etc. We have now applied to register as an exporter and should have the number
within the next ten days."

It is getting close...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be too optimistic. Allow for some more delays...

I say this because a problem is likely to be the US State Department. You see, I ordered a fibreglass gunstock blank from the US to Sweden. To get this, I had to get an Export Permit from the US State Department, and to issue that they REQUIRED an import permit from Sweden.

Well, Sweden does not require nor issue import permits for gunstocks! You try to get a government official in any country to issue a non-existant permit... [Frown]

I hope that the US distributor will not face a similar Catch-22 situation at the hands of the US State Department!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
jpb

How strange. McMillan just sent mine away to me, no silly papers needed.

I know that DS-arms had simular problems, since it were gun related stuff. PM me for more info

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm having exactly the same problem with a gunstock from Bell and Carlson.

Catch 22 is alive and well....

Posts: 121 | Location: Southern Australia | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
This is strange, sounds like the sellers don't know their rear ends from a hole in the ground. I received two rifle stocks from a gent in Sweden and they just took two weeks to get here. He mailed them out and when they arrived, very clearly on the box was, "used rifle stocks".

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I find it quite strange that you would need and permit for shipping gunstocks to a foreign country. It is no gun part that requires an FFL?

I know that some companies needs permit for sold products over 100$, regardles of style.

In Sweden only barrels, action and gas bearing parts needs an FFL permit for export or import. Bush should do something about this terrorism of permits [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

In Sweden there is no need for such silly permits for a importation of a gun stock blank or cases. Simpy tell the american compaies that there is no such documents avilable in Sweden and is just to ship it

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHAN:
Gentlemen

I find it quite strange that you would need and permit for shipping gunstocks to a foreign country. It is no gun part that requires an FFL?

I know that some companies needs permit for sold products over 100$, regardles of style.

In Sweden only barrels, action and gas bearing parts needs an FFL permit for export or import. Bush should do something about this terrorism of permits [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

In Sweden there is no need for such silly permits for a importation of a gun stock blank or cases. Simpy tell the american compaies that there is no such documents avilable in Sweden and is just to ship it

Hej Johan!

I tried your approach. It didn't work.

Your approach is *far* too simple and logical to work with a government bureaucrat! It isn't logic that is important to a bureaucrat, it is "THE RULES" [Frown]

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget the burrocrats magic Rule 714 part 22 paragraph fqqyself:

It sais in part: "Because I say so".

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HV finally got their registration number Jan. 21. We have gone ahead and sent in our form opart 6 and hope to get it approved but we may need the number from GS mentioned above before we can ship.
John/HV Cncepts Inc.

Posts: 76 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
If the form doesn't exist, a blank piece of paper should cover it, shouldn't it? [Wink] Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch:
If the form doesn't exist, a blank piece of paper should cover it, shouldn't it? [Wink] Dutch.

I agree. You shouldn't break any rules, just bend them soo they fit your situation [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I had a simular problem with the English DTI, they were asking for a permit that doesn't excist, soo I sent them a note from the local cheif of police. The note said that such paper didn't excist in the Swedish firearms law or regulation [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The english bought it and excused that they had to idea of the Swedish firearms regulations and gave me green light [Roll Eyes]

/ JOHAN