THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know anything about Jamison Brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I notice midway keeps listing Jamison brass in 416 taylor and 404 jeffery as coming soon. Does anyone know anything about Jamison Brass, where they are located, etc? Their cost is less than others but not sure about quality, availability, etc.
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
All the big bore, "odd-ball" cartridge shooters sware by them (not at them). Bertram brass is adequate at best but, they all seem to like Jamison. When he produces .404J brass, I'll buy some.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try Graf and Son-Jamison international. There is pretty good.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ct. | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf and son doesnt carry the jamison 404J or 416 taylor, and I could not find a website for jamison. It looks like they have moved so that may be the problem. Thanks for the help.
Eterry

In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that www.custombrassandbullets.com carries the complete line of Jamison brass, but I have not looked at their website lately.

IIRC, the site owner occasionally posts on AR and some of our members know him.

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info RCG, am on the right track now.

Eterry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Arms has the last run of BeLL 404J at $.75/ each. I think this would be a hell of a deal... until they run out.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First of all, Jamison brass is first rate. Marc Jamison is a super guy and knows his stuff. He is currently fulfilling a government contract and will not ship any brass orders until September. I will become a distributor for Jamison shortly. I partnered with Grizzly Cartridge Co. on custom big bore rifle ammo. Mike Rintoul, owner of Grizzly Cartridge Co. and Cast Performance Bullets, uses and has tested Jamison brass extensively. He uses it for his custom ammo. I think that says enough.

It should become available in September.

KDM Custom Bullets

Posts: 61 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
I have used Jamison .416 Rigby brass. It seems to be about as good as any brand of brass.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jamison International, LLC is the company that makes brass and they moved to Sturgis, SD in 2001.

Jamison International
3551 Mayer Ave
Sturgis, SD 57785
605-347-5090.

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote